Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Black Hawk County and Cedar Rapids/Iowa City Outflys



Black Hawk County's Outfly was at Gateway Park in Cedar Falls and several new alumni were able to attend! The class of 2010 was very well represented. Several alums who now work for Wartburg were in attendance also. Eddie Diemer '14 spoke about his experiences as a freshman, which included being a part of the basketball team and his first May term!
Cedar Rapid/Iowa City's Outfly drew a crowd close to 70 which was exciting! The Parkview Pavilion in Jones Park is at a top of a hill and was a beautiful location! The park was in demand since there were also several frisbee golfers utilizing the course right next to the Outfly gathering. Wartburg alums were caught sporting their Wartburg Orange license plates!
Jon Housholder '12 (above in the maroon) spoke at the Cedar Rapids/Iowa City Outfly. He will be the Vice President of Student Senate this coming school year. Below are some words he shared about the evening.
"It was really good to see former Wartburg graduates reunite with one another. I was extremely honored to speak at the event in Cedar Rapids.
At the event I talked about how positive my experience has been and the wonderful academics that Wartburg offers to it's students. I also mentioned how great my professors have been to me while at school.
There are just a lot of great extra curricular activities that students can get involved with. I am a part of the Wartburg Track and Field Program, Student Senate, as well as many other activities, and I love them all!
I hope one day I can go back to a Wartburg Outfly and reunite with old friends after school!" - Jon Housholder

No comments:

Post a Comment