Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Waverly Outfly 2011

The 2011 Outfly Season ended on a high note! There were over 300 people in attendance at the Outfly on Wartburg College's campus.

After going to potlucks for two summers, I could probably pass as a bratwurst connoisseur. I have had both boiled and grilled, but cannot get myself to try sauerkraut. I will definitely always think of Wartburg whenever bratwursts are mentioned. I have loved my summer job these past two years. It has been a great experience to get to travel to different cities, meet and eat with alumni, and get the experience of managing all the details that go into planning an event. I have been so lucky to have held this position and I have been honored to get to hear as many stories from alums as I have. There are so many great stories and great alumni! When I graduate next May, I will be joining a cohort of people who are purposeful and accomplished folk! I will be glad to fill the role of a Wartburg alum--continuing to tell my Wartburg stories and encouraging others to try on the color and the montra of being orange.

Lauren Hills '12
Student Intern, Wartburg Alumni Office

No comments:

Post a Comment